Home > Uncategorized > UC Software Update Services (Issue #2)

UC Software Update Services (Issue #2)

So, the second biggest issue that I faced in getting the UC Software Update Services up and working was getting the configupdatesserver.vbs script to run correctly. Whenever I ran it I got a Unknown Username or bad password error. Well, turns out we must have an invalid character in our password cause I changed it to something without a special character (^,$,~,etc) and everything worked.

Seriously, this is just one crappy product. I spent at least 15 hours trying to get it to work. The documentation is ok but is missing key steps (see my previous post) and then this. I love OCS 2007 but the Phone Edition is not nearly as easy to update.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: