Home > Uncategorized > UC Software Update Services (Issue #1)

UC Software Update Services (Issue #1)

Over the past week, I have been setting up UC Software Update Services to be able to push out the updates to our Tanjay phones. Man, talk about a crappy solution. Sorry Microsoft, but this one needs a lot of polishing.

I got to the step where you create the UCUpdates SharePoint site and everytime I ran the command I would get a “The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.” I was running the command with the same user account that I installed SharePoint with and verified that it was a local admin on the box as well as a Farm Administrator and a Site Collection admin. Still no go.

I was looking and saw that the Authentication Provider was set to Kerberos by default. I then looked and realized that the AppPool’s were running as a Network Service. I changed them (SharePoint – 80 and the Central Admin AppPool) to be a domain account and everything worked.

I have a feeling the issue is that I used WSS 3.0 SP1 to install WSS. I have read a few comments out on the web that have said there are issues with it. None the less, the lack of good documentation on this piece is sad. Our Tanjay’s are still on beta code cause I can’t get this working but that is for another post (Issue #2). Hopefully if you are facing the same issue as above, this will help you get on to the next step.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: